Saturday, April 1, 2017

T-minus 4 weeks!


I figured that this would be a good time to start my blog. After 3 years, here at Pier 3 Marina in Philadelphia it is time to leave. I retired a year ago, not by choice  but was laid off- actually the best thing my old boss ever did for me!

Spent the past year here at the marina, fixing the boat, upgrading, working at the marina and finishing up some projects. Help install the new breakwater, installed railing along both sides and helped work on the bathroom.


I'll be heading to Rock Hall Maryland to get hauled out, the boat will need it after being in the water for the past 3 years. Installing a new thru hull and transducer, painting the deck and varnishing the cabin sole.


I do wish that the weather was more co-operative, yes we had a great winter but now constant rain. But at least I'm able to finish up a lot of my electronics and electrical work. Brought a Garmin 740 and 741xs, one in the cockpit and one at my nav station, also now have a fabulous AIS unit- Digital Yachts AIT2000 CLASS B TRANSPONDER. Great unit! First electronics I installed that was easy and faultless - worked perfectly verses my last until that I never got working.

Stay tuned... lots of photos and adventures to come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Roland, looking forward to following your travels. For what it's worth, I use to like having Norfolk in my rearview mirror by Oct. 1st., it can get cold quickly.
    Safe trip, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I actually like leaving later- less snowbirds not as crowded.- I have a great Espar heater installed- been very toasty this winter.

    ReplyDelete